Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Shanghai's Knockoff Version of Cirque Du Soleil

If I don't remember anything about China, I will remember this. Only in China can you get a bootleg copy of something that is actually better than the original.

For the past few days, our tour guide has been talking with us about how the Chinese are great at replicating and perfecting any craft. For example, during our trip to Boa Steel, I learned that metallurgy was brought to China well after it was introduced in many countries, and eventually the Chinese developed steel making techniques that were 200 years ahead of its time.

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL of SHANGHAI
China's ability to bootleg something better than the original doesn't stop with metal and pocketbooks, but it extends to DANCE, ART, and THEATER.

Tonight, we went to an acrobatic show that was truly amazing. Although the show was short in duration, the stunts on display are tough to replicate anywhere else in the world. I wish that I had some pictures, but I was unable to take pictures during the show (hopefully I can get some pictures from Daniella - I believe that she was able to take a few during the show).

No comments: