Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Live at the Olympics: Nigeria vs. Belgium



Watching Nigeria crush Belgium at the soccer semi-finals.

This game was not necessarily a thriller, but it was one for the ages. This game marks my first ever attendance at a major soccer event. The stadium was packed. I attended the game with more than 8 classmates from Harvard Business School.

Getting tickets to the game was quite interesting. We had to put our negotiating skills to use just outside the stadium. When I say "we," I mean ME. I had to show these guys how to get a ticket at a low cost price. We ended up paying approximately $17 USD for tickets. Not too bad for tickets that have face values way more than that!



This is one of my many interactions with the Chinese. I feel like I am a mini-super star in China. Every where I turn I see someone staring at me. Every once in a while, someone will ask to take a picture with me. Tonight after the game, I took at least 4 pictures with the local Chinese citizens. One more thing that being black will get you, "admired by the Chinese." I hope that Americans will take a page from the Chinese and begin to admire me a little more rather than continue with the status quo.

Just to show you that I'm not kidding, here is one more picture of the Chinese admiring the one and only RON FUN.