Friday, August 22, 2008

Are You My Daddy ? Are you from America?



While in Tiananmen Square, a family stopped me and asked whether I would take a picture with their child. You know me, and how I roll, being the celebrity that I am and all, I obliged.

China ---- I love it! One place where I wouldn't mind living based on how the people are fond of Black People.

Oh yeah, people asked me where I was from. I responded, "North Carolina" and they seemed very excited to learn about North Carolina. As soon as I told them that North Carolina was in the United States, they seemed a little distraught. They responded as if I told them that I were the grim reaper. Pretty interesting. Now, I am going to tell people that I am from Ireland, Canada, or Nigera. I won't make the mistake of being from American again.

Any thoughts on why they responded negatively about me being in America ?


NOT TO BE OUTDONE




Above: Picture of Alec Detwiler and his new found Chinese family.

Watching this scene unfold was hilarious. The lady asked Alec 3 times to take a picture with her child. At first we thought that she wanted him to take a picture FOR her, but in the end it was that she wanted to take a picture WITH him. Don't they look like they were meant to be?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's odd to me. When I was in Italy...I told people I was from the US and it was like they fell in love with me. They love the US there. What's the deal with China, man?!