Sunday, August 24, 2008

Where the Buck Stops ($)



Hey Everyone,

I have some good news and bad news for you. Let me give you the bad news first.

Bad News

I wanted to see the Beijing Water Cube up close and personal during my trip to the Olympics, but was unable to based upon security and based upon me being re$ourceful (i.e. broke) and not spending a grip on tickets to the water events. I had to draw the line somewhere. It felt as if the scalpers were not trying to budge on the price at all.

Good News

Although I couldn't see it up close and personal, I was able to see the venue from a distance. Also, most importantly, my buddy, Alec went to the diving finals and was able to take a few unbelievable pictures and videos of the water cube. And just for you my friend, Alec, is allowing me to show you these pictures at "A Very Special Price. No jokie jokie!" Maybe one day I'll get to the other side (i.e. anything is possible, even in China).

Note: When you watch the diving finals, you might just see Alec sitting behind a guy in a loud green jacket.

Pictures of the Water Cube



Video of the Water Cube

No comments: